Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to properly humidify your cigars...

This Christmas many of you will be getting a fancy new humidor for your cigar stash. If you plan on keeping and storing your cigars, then there really is no other way to do so than in a properly maintained humidor. Now, after being in this business for more than 5 years, I can tell you that humidor maintenance seems to be the biggest headache for many of our customers. It shouldn't be and hopefully this article and video will simplift things for you.

I'll give you a story that I think is pertinent to your experiences with your humidor. When I bought my house a few years ago, the house had a pool. I was excited about the pool and wanted to learn about them so that I could take care of it myself and save a few bucks. I conferred with a customer who had a pool cleaning business. He told me all about how to take care of it. Afterwards, he told me that each and every pool is different, that they all have their own idiosyncrasies and that I would have to learn what those were in, order to take care of it properly. Well, after a few years I have just about figured out all of the little idiosyncracies that goes along with my pool, which are far different than those of either of my neighbors.

The same logic applies to your humidor as well. There are many factors that will determine how your humidor acts, such as size of the humidor, volume of cigars, volume of humidity, and seasons of the year. Your buddy will swear to you that you should be using XYZ humidification, but it may not neccessarily work for you because you have different circumstances.

I think this video is a very clear and consice explanation as how to proprerly get your box set up for success. But remember, you may have to tweak yours as needed. Of course, if you ever have any problems or issues, anyone that works at En Fuego is more than happy to help you out.

This video should cover just about any question you may have about your humidor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtye6cpl6E

1 comment:

  1. Maintaining the ideal humidity for cigars is crucial. Use a reliable humidor, monitor humidity levels regularly, and avoid sudden changes. Proper humidification preserves flavor, aroma, and overall cigar quality.
    tobacco store in saraland

    ReplyDelete